Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

event viewer application error

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:29 AM

Does anyone knows how to fix this:

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I locate this on eventviewer (local) application tab. Almost every minute, sometimes 10 min or 20 min.

Kindly please help me, thanks in advance...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:29 AM

Hi there! If you were not already welcomed, then :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer! I am glad to help you today!

I am seeing that you have an issue with Event viewer error messages about your current configuration of Windows. Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is a complicated error. If I have understood this correctly, then we shall continue!

Please get the event ID of this error message. In the same window, you will see the event ID listed, to where I can look it up on my Windows ID Database.

Once you have gave me the event ID, I can fully troubleshoot it for you! The reason this is difficult to troubleshoot is because the JARGON text in the brackets that you provided is a unique ID and makes it difficult to fully diagnose the issue you may be experiencing!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,230 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=125867

Louis

#4 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Hello again!

Are you or was you using Internet Explorer 8? If so, what version?

There are currently three versions of IE8 out on users' computers: Beta 1, Beta 2, and Release Candidate 1.

Also, do you have any updates installed for Internet Explorer 8. In Internet Explorer 8 RC1, the bug was fixed that if the user was to uninstall IE8 before he/she uninstalled the updates for it, that it would spawn off errors in the event viewer.

Here is my HMOS Error Report:

Userenv.dll corrupted, caused by Uninstalled Internet Explorer 8, any version
CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D -- corruption Identification

Message in Event Viewer: 'Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D} and it will not be loaded. This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

******BUG******
When Beta 1 or Beta 2 of Internet Explorer 8 is removed, and the updates are not uninstalled first, these error messages appear in the Event Viewer.
This has been known to slow down the loading of Windows.

HijackThis identifies this commonly as:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}]

Workaround or Solution
Either re-install Internet Explorer 8, RC1 now, or you can try to run SFC /SCANNOW by using this tutorial by Usasma System File Checker will be sure to find some missing DLLs and apply them in to their proper place.
If System File Checker fails to solve the problem and the user does not want to continue using Internet Explorer 8, then it is suggested to do a clean install of Windows.

#5 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

Sir your right i uninstalled the beta version of IE8 from CC cleaner then i erase the Internet Explorer folder in C:Program Files. I uninstalled it, bcoz it is very slow when i open it then when i closed, it occurs error the send to and dont send menu of microsoft error reporting and i think it is the caused of my internet connection being sluggish, slow etc. Bcoz when i put back the IE7, no more problem on internet connection. But the errors in event viewer came out, just like what i said.

Now my question, is that dll files downloadables or there some way to put that back or out all that files to remove the errors? Because I dont want to put back that IE8 until it is not officially and stable. And I also dont want to reformat it bcoz i dont have backup files. Because its to big.

BTW thanks...

#6 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:57 AM

Here is a great solution, one that I used for the experiment version of IE8, which made IE8 super fast:

When I installed IE8, I set it up on my own settings. What settings?

-When prompted to use the default search engine, check yes.

-When prompted to use Web Accelerators, uncheck, or do not install web accelerators.

-If you really do not need a homepage, then use about:blank

-Make sure during installation to not check Update Automatically, or similar. You can install updates manually through Microsoft Update, located on http://update.microsoft.com
Quick note: 4/10 users installed IE8 and left Update checked and the install failed because of Access Denied errors. Access denied errors can be avoided!

Edit: typo

Edited by Jay-P VIP, 16 March 2009 - 03:58 AM.

#7 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:37 AM

Sir im not talking about access denied errors. Im talking about the error reporting program of microsoft if some programs crash. I remember my installation process of IE8, before i installed IE8. I uninstalled IE7 first but not deleted the folder of Internet Explorer in C:Program Files. Then yeah i experience that access denied errors before but later when i installed it first (WindowsXP-KB932823-v3-x86-ENU)Update Package Microsoft Corporation then (IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU) the setup for IE8, it works. IF no other than solution than put back that open beta version of IE8, then I will. But tell me first, should i uninstalled IE7 and delete the Internet Explorer in C:Program Files or just installed the IE8 without uninstalling IE7?

Help me please... thanks!

#8 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:41 AM

It is recommended to upgrade to IE8 from IE7, so keep that in place.

When I was talking about Access Denied errors, I mean't that they are possible, as I was giving you instructions for Install--if you do decide to install IE8 again!

Please let me know if any of the information above has confused you! I am sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused by this situation, as I am trying to filter through the methods used to help solve your issue! I appreciate your patience!

#9 theinvulnerable

theinvulnerable
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

Sir what if i wait for the final release of IE8. And keep the error in my event viewer in application tab, can this one cause serious trouble on my system.

Thanks for helping me with this, it is greatly appreciated.

#10 Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

Guest_Jay-P VIP_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

If you would like to wait, go ahead. The only thing you will have to is be patient with the event log, and not worry about the error messages. The research I did from Microsoft shows that you can ignore the error messages and still be running fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users