Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to copy entire Visual C# solution?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BobLewiston

BobLewiston

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Is there any way to copy an entire Visual C# solution in such a way that it works? If you just copy it and rename it, it gives an error message that it's been renamed and therefore it refuses to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Can you give an example of what you are trying to do? It is hard to give an answer unless I know what you are trying to do. For instance, if I just copy an event listener to another class in Visual Studio, it doesn't work properly. There are countless ways that things can get mucked up.

#3 BobLewiston

BobLewiston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

I have a form containing a bunch of TextBoxes. Each time a new record is retrieved from an Access sample database, each TextBox displays the contents of a different column within that record.

Now I want something comparable using SQL Server. But my SQL Server sample databases have different tables than my Access ones.

While I'm concentrating on learning SQL Server, I want to keep the code as small and simple as possible, and I want to minimize the downtime for the code I "break" while I'm trying to port this thing over to SQL Server. So I just want to copy the whole solution to some different name so I can modify that new solution without breaking the old one, which of course I will from time to time be going back to to study in order to implement the new solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users