Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to become member of HJT team?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Hi,
I observed that some members of HJT team have posted no posts at all.
So I was wondering how can one join the HJT team?

Thank You :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

They are too busy responding to logs to chit-chat all that much and post topics
At the moment the HJT classrooms are full
It may take awhile for more openings
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

From the Bleeping Computer Membership Descriptions topic:

HijackThis Team Member

A Bleeping Computer HijackThis Team Member is a volunteer who has permission to respond to HijackThis logs in the Bleeping Computer HijackThis forum. These members have proven themselves to be highly qualified in the removal of malware and are thus given permission to help people with spyware removal via HijackThis logs. A HijackThis Team Member has moderator abilities in HijackThis related forums allowing them to open, close, or merge topics together. The main ethos of the group is the word "team"; these volunteers will often ask various other team members for help if needed. As staff members, the team often works with the moderators by reporting spam posts or informing of members who have broken the site rules. The HijackThis team members also play a part in the running of the Study Hall, where they are encouraged to answer the questions posted by trainees.

In other words, it takes time and you have to prove your worth to the community in order to be granted that status. The ones that have the status but show little or no posts are active members that have proven their ability at other security related forums. The malware removal community is tight knit and like a big family.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

This is also my experience. I am helping a guy or lady, with infected computer. I tell them to post their HJT log to the forum. And then 1 day pass, and no reply, 2 days pass and no reply ... so I felt a bit sorry for them.

By no means a complaint just an observation.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

They are too busy responding to logs to chit-chat all that much and post topics
At the moment the HJT classrooms are full
It may take awhile for more openings

How do they respond to logs if not through posts?

Thanks all for quick replying :thumbsup:

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

I tell them to post their HJT log to the forum. And then 1 day pass, and no reply, 2 days pass and no reply ... so I felt a bit sorry for them.

Do you have any idea how busy we are? Not just here but all of the main malware sites.
Each log is different and takes a good amount of research. Nothing is cut and dry

How do they respond to logs if not through posts?

"The ones that have the status but show little or no posts are active members that have proven their ability at other security related forums."
There is a tremendous amount of involvement going on behind the scene that you do not see
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#7 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Also some of the HJT team members will a small amount of posts, are as Garmanma said, are HJT members at other security forums, and/or are creators of the various tools we use to analyze logs and remove spyware, therefore they are a part of the team so provide support and give us updates on the programs should we need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users