Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Operating system

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HelpMePleaze

HelpMePleaze

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

i was installing windows xp home edition service pack 1 on my computer and i dont think it started installing anything on the harddrive yet when i realized i needed to do something with the computer so i canceled the windows xp setup and it restarted my computer then i shut it down right away. After i had done what i needed to i started up again to install windows xp home edition and it gave me the message "Error Loading operating system" each time. I think it happened because i have stuff installed on my harddrive but not all of it now i dont know how to fix this i think i have to totally wipe my harddrive does anybody know a way to fix this? I dont know how i can wipe/reformat my harddrive either.

Edited by HelpMePleaze, 14 March 2009 - 05:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

Warning: Using these steps you will lose all data on the partition you install Windows XP to.

You will have to boot from Windows XP CD. Make related changes in your PC's BIOS. (If you were installing XP before, then it is already set to boot from CD first)

1. Insert XP CD and start your computer. (Power on computer and quickly insert the CD)
2. Windows setup will load. Let it do its thing. On the Welcome screen it will pause. Press Enter to continue.
3. Next screen is EULA, press F8 to accept Microsoft's license.
4. In the next screen Windows will detect your existing Windows installation and opt for repair. Select not-to-repair ad press Esc.
5. Next it would show a list of exisiting partitions, choose the one you have installed Windows(normally first partition in the list) before by highlighting the celected option and pressing Enter. (If it shows only "unpartitoned space" then select it by pressing Enter)
6. Next you will be prompted to format, choose Format to using NTFS system (quick).

Sit back and relax while Windows installs on your PC ...

#3 HelpMePleaze

HelpMePleaze
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:25 PM

i dont have working cd drive. will it work with dvd drive? do u have aim or msn? I have a bunch of questions to ask about this method which to long to ask on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users