Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't connect to the internet and my computer loads slowly, but no viruses found

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tim0fee

tim0fee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

I hope I am posting in the correct place and I hope somone can help because this has been driving me crazy trying to fix this. On Wednesday, my computer was fine. On Thurday, it took about ten minutes for the icons and taskbar in Windows to load (I'm running XP home edition, SP 2). Once loaded, my computer couldn't access the internet. It seems like I am infected, but I ran AVG and only found a few tracking cookies, which I deleted. I also ran Malwarebytes in normal and safe modes, and both modes showed no threats. Other programs I've checked my system with are CCleaner, F-Source Blacklight Rooktkit locater, lspfix, drweb-cureit, and smithfraudfix -- all showed no problems. I used system restore and went back to a month ago, but I'm still having the same symptoms. My internet is run through a router with another computer, and the other computer is working fine. I've tried reseting the modem and the router, and neither fixed my internet problem. If I load Windows in safe mode, then the computer loads quickly. But everytime I load it in normal mode or in safe mode with networking, it takes about ten minutes to load. The slow loading and no internet connection began at the same time, so I assume they must be connected. But since I haven't found any threats, I'm not sure where to turn. So if you can point me in a direction or offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users