Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions About Combofix Restore Point

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thy Armageddon

Thy Armageddon

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

I recently used Combofix and at my own fault, near the end process of it, specifically after the re-boot, encountered a problem where I could not connect to the internet and most of my default conditions were changed to what I am guessing were factory defaults. Because I had no internet access I went into system restore and restored to the point Combofix conveniently made before running, however I noticed before it made the restore point that Combofix had changed my clock. Were there any other changes before the restore point besides the Clock I should manually fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Unfortunately the author of the tool does not want information on how Combofix works on public forums.
Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.

The only public information that is available can be found at this guide:

How to use ComboFix

To fix the Time Dispaly...

Go to Control Panel.
Select Regional and Language Options.
In the Standards and formats section... next to the language you are using... click the Customize...button
Press the Time...tab.
In the Time Format...box, for 12 hour time display... change the format to:

h mm ss tt
or
hh mm ss tt

Select the other display options you want... separator, AM, PM...
When done...click Apply and OK as needed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Thy Armageddon

Thy Armageddon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Everything seems fine. I actual respect the creator for releasing the least amount of info on it as possible to increase it's efficiency.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users