Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i remove Zone Alarm nag screen

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 MsPetite

MsPetite

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:57 PM

I have ZA free 9.2.057 and Windows 7. That Yes/No nag screen was driving me crazy! I tried something new and after a few restarts, I still haven't seen it yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Here's how I did it:
I started in Safe Mode.
Manually started ZA.
Clicked the "No Thank You" nag popup.
Turned off the computer and restarted normally.

I hope the nag screen continues to stay off, and that it works for you too!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 JSKnight2010

JSKnight2010

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

As for ZA free 9.2.057 with Win7 64Bit

After a few test and reboot, (manual updates - OUT). Thanks to Peelo2020,
> lowering the UAC
> reboot
> clicking on the No, Later Option nag's
> reboot
> Reajusting the UAC, it should be OK. It works for me

My only guess is that it will have to be done once a month or getting the credit card version!!!!

#33 brotherboard

brotherboard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:11 AM

I had this pop up problem with Zone Alarm Free version 9.2.057.000 & Win7-64bit
you can stop the nag popping up at every boot by

1. booting up in safe mode.
2. start the zone alarm client manually
3. when the nag screen pops up click "no thank you"

If it ever pops up again just go through the same procedure.

:oopsign: sorry didn't see that this had been posted before

Edited by brotherboard, 27 November 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#34 Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

A perhaps simpler answer is uninstall it and use a different free firewall. Comodo suits me fine with no persistent nags to buy some part of it.

Nev.
Why all the fuss, I already have Windows 8. Three windows at the front, and five at the back since I bought the house.
Posted Image

#35 ps2546

ps2546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I'm new here as of today;and trying to get a" sollution fix" for uninstalling zone alarm;I used "Revo"to unstall it ,but it some how reinstalled itself and hid.It changed my setting,on opening emails,partcial disable my "Pro Malwarebytes"and more.I have a Dell desktop,(8yrs old)xp,sp3.Its not listed n "ADD\REMOVE",and I used "search"and found it n C:\programs files,but it will "not delete".So if anyone have a fix for getting rid of "zone alarm\free\checkpoint,please inform me,...thanks

#36 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Reinstall Zone Alarm. Then boot into safe mode and run the uninstaller from the Add/ Remove program.

In link below are images of steps to take during the uninstall.

How to Completely Uninstall Zonealarm Free Firewall: 12 Steps

You can also try to delete those files without reinstalling by trying to delete them after booting into safe mode.

You may have adware that was installed with ZA. You can use the two programs below to find and remove the adware.

AdwCleaner Download

Junkware Removal Tool Download

EDIT: There is an uninstaller you can download here: ZoneAlarm Uninstall Tool Download

The ZoneAlarm Uninstall Tool will uninstall all versions of the ZoneAlarm firewall from your computer in the event that it will not uninstall properly via the Windows control panel.  When you run the program it will ask if you want to remove the ZoneAlarm Extreme version, but will in fact remove all versions of the ZoneAlarm Firewall.

If you use it, I would still recommend using the two adware scanners linked above.

Edited by buddy215, 21 November 2013 - 11:23 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#37 ps2546

ps2546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

Thanks BC Advisor,everything r working good now,Ur info really did the trick,ZA had really changed my email setting,system restore,my Pro Malwarebytes were partcial disabled ,and more.I've been and is using 'window firewall",but sometime it shaows red,"saying its not on,when n fact it do be on;but a day r so it'll disappear.So I decided to download ZA.thanks again to u and the others,very much,..My window firewall r on automatic updates and b on,but I'd get a wrrning that its off;I don't know whats with that,but no more ZA,...this is a great site,...

Edited by ps2546, 21 November 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#38 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

If I understand correctly, you presently have no active firewall. If so, check in the security center and attempt to activate Windows Firewall.

I have use Zone Alarm firewall for many years. It is very good firewall. You just have to be careful when installing it and UNcheck all other

things like toolbar, antivirus, antispyware, offers of other things that have nothing to do with the firewall. I also don't allow it to automatically update.

Be sure to use those adware scanners I suggested in my first post. You might be surprised what has gotten on your computer while installing

programs, browser add-ons, etc...especially freeware.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#39 ps2546

ps2546

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Thanks Buddy215 for the very helpful info that u have given;I did succed n my objective;yes I have window fire wall,the "red"warning sign would appear,at times"saying it were off'",but I'd check it,and it'll b on.Usually after i run my ccleaner,this would happen.Even tho my window firewall will b on,the warning sign just appears sometimes;so I decided to try ZA,but it caused all kind of problems,for me.So thank u again;yes i did download the Adware download as u suggested,and it help clean up other stuff that were on my pc.The second download u suggested,would'nt download;"saying it couldn't go n to the file,and advise me to try another,but don't know how to work that,this is a wonderful site,i'm learning some things by just reading info that u'all give to others,thanks again,for the follow-up,...

#40 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,261 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

These are the instructions for using : (note to download to desktop and to exit any active security program(s) you have before attempting to scan. )

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.

Since you have found and removed adware using AdwCleaner and were having problems with the firewall you should do an online scan using Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users