Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect PC to Device with very different Ip addresses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Raker

Raker

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

I am trying to connect my computer (which is DHCP) to a device on the same network via a web browser. The Device has a static Ip of 192.168.168.250 but the PC i am using has a DHCPa ip of 10.1.10.58. It is a LAN. There is only 1 router and modem on the network. I can not ping the 192. address from my pc. What would I need to do to be able to web browse from my pc to the device? Still very new to this stuff and would appreciate the help.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

If you can't change the device IP, you may need to change your network setup from 10.x.x.x range to 192.x.x.x in the router perhaps.
I THINK :thumbsup:

Is all this in one physical location?

What device are we talking about, something you have that has a static IP and you really can't change it?
What did you connect to it when you tried to change it?
What's it connected to? Sounds like a totally private network (192...) as is yours (10.x.x.x)

Try to describe the physical connections of all these things.
Some clarification of your setup and what's required might lead to few answers on this forum. Until then, it's clear as mud.

I promise NO answers, just trying to have YOU describe things better so someone might understand what you're facing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users