Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aureal 8810 sound card takes away

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

how come when i put the aureal 8810 sound card in my computer and install the drivers it takes away hibernate away in the shut down thing
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,685 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hmm, Windows will cease to offer the hibernate option if hardware may not function correctly after coming out of hibernation... Do you have the latest available drivers, or the ones supplied with the card - they can be out of date.

And has the onboard sound been disabled and its drivers un-installed?

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

well i havent got the drivers so i downloaded em and when i just to install them with a exe the exe does not start and the way i install them i that i got to device manager and install it though update driver lol
and i delete the onboard sound drivers and turn it off in the bios but still theses some thing in my docmation look here

POSITION DESCRIPTION
1-2 Primary (on-board) audio Codec will be used
2-3 On-board Codec is disabled. Use this setting if you want to install an add-on sound card.
Open Secondary (on optional AMR board) audio Codec will be used

does this need to be done since i tryed a yamaha card and it worked just made games work bad like slow

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

POSITION DESCRIPTION
1-2 Primary (on-board) audio Codec will be used
2-3 On-board Codec is disabled. Use this setting if you want to install an add-on sound card.
Open Secondary (on optional AMR board) audio Codec will be used

well i did that still got the probloms
any one?

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:09 AM

in Nohiber.txt theres:
Hibernation disabled because hibernate is not supported by the audio driver- au10aud.vxd.
which is the aureal driver Lol
i cant find a updated driver

#6 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,685 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

As the description suggested for the Codec, you'd use the "disabled" jumper setting when using an expansion soundcard.

Having a .VXD audio driver would seem to be the source of the problem - you'd be looking for .WDM drivers. Do you know the manufacturer of the card - is it physically branded as Aureal? Where did you source the current drivers? Above, when you said you downloaded an exe but it wouldn't run, what did you then install through Update Driver?

Assuming you're running XP, there is a native Aureal 8810 WDM driver provided in Windows' own driver library. Drivers sourced from the card manufacturer are likely to be better than Windows own drivers, but sometimes when Windows had native drivers, manufacturers didn't go to the trouble of producing their own.

If you start in Safe Mode and remove all the sound drivers in Device Manager (including any "phantom" installations that may show from previous sound cards), and re-start, Windows may detect the card and install its own generic drivers.

Edited by Platypus, 16 March 2009 - 06:43 AM.

#7 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:23 AM

no am using windows me
i downloaded the drivers from driverguide.com
and tryed a few but i cant find any thats working
and when i first put the card in my computer it didit find any drivers intill i downloaded from driverguide

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,685 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

I can't vouch for any particular source of drivers for the Aureal from experience. It's WDM rather than VXD drivers you need, and fully un-installing unsatisfactory drivers (including removing any possible remnants of previous installation in Safe Mode) can be important for getting an installation working correctly.

If it's proving too difficult to get working, it might be better to source a card with proven WinME drivers supplied.

#9 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 06:52 AM

I can't vouch for any particular source of drivers for the Aureal from experience. It's WDM rather than VXD drivers you need, and fully un-installing unsatisfactory drivers (including removing any possible remnants of previous installation in Safe Mode) can be important for getting an installation working correctly.

If it's proving too difficult to get working, it might be better to source a card with proven WinME drivers supplied.

well i thinking about getting this in this post i made
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...ml#entry1182044
but its seems it needs a heap of system power or some thing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users