Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to restore quarantined items

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 -KiKi-

-KiKi-

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:09 AM

About a month ago, I ran an Ad-Aware scan, and it detected malware in a few files. I allowed Ad-Aware to quarantine all of the items that were detected as being infected.

The items were still in quarantine until I restored them earlier. All of the items were restored except 2 of them. For some unknown reason, Ad-Aware won't allow me to restore the quarantined items.

The reason I want to restore all of the quarantine items is because I have found out that Ad-Aware is a piece of crap that makes you think you have infected files when in actuality, they are not infected at all. I'd rather just stick with using SAS and MBAM. I don't want to use Ad-Aware anymore.

I want to un-install Ad-Aware, but I wanted to restore all of the so-called "infected" items that it detected before I un-install the program.

So my question is....What should I do about the quarantined items since Ad-Aware is not allowing me to restore them?

I went to the Lavasoft Support forums (Ad-Aware's support forums), and I asked someone what should I do about this. He said I should set a system restore point first, then un-install the program. Being that Ad-Aware cannot be trusted anymore and their employees love to lie from what many people here on BC have said....I am now somewhat reluctant to do what this guy suggested.

So now I am turning to BC to help me with this problem being that BC has helped me successfully with other issues before.

So is this guy's advice correct, or am I being misinformed? What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:00 AM

There's no harm in following that advise
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users