Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unpleasant PDBoot lag.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Afrikanets

Afrikanets

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:49 AM

Hi all. I'm running inspiron 1720 with vista. Yesterday I was going to install gta 4, so I needed more free space. I'd removed many programs, and one of them happened to be perfect disc. Then I had to get SP1, and it seemed to be successfully installed, but while rebooting i got this frightful PDBOOT.EXE not found - skiping autocheck. And then it came out with the following:
!! 0xc019036 !! 1199/93860 (netlogon.dll)
And stopped frozen. What can I do with it?
PS I need help really fast, cause I'm leavind tomorrow and was gonna take my laptop with me. So, please...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:15 AM

Try booting up in safe mode (press F8 when you get to the splash screen) and then try doing a system restore to an earlier point in time.

also something to think about, I know and understand your in a hurry, but if you post the same question in several differnet forums it can actually make it harder and longer to get help. I just did a google of PDBOOT.EXE not found - skiping autocheck to see if I can find other people with the same problem to see what they did, and I got 2-3 forums right off the bat with you asking the same question. It then takes me twice as long sorting through all the forums seeing which ones are you asking the same question and which ones are other people with a similar issue and possible solutions to it. I understand your in a hurry and need an answer faster, and sometimes asking in multiple forums can make it faster for you to find an answer, but it makes it harder for us to find an answer, so at the least you might make a mention of I posted at another site and didnt get an answer there or something along those lines. anyway, hope you get it fixed, update us if you fix it or not. :huh:

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Afrikanets

Afrikanets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:41 AM

Yep, thx patriot and sry for that forum mess :huh:
But..
StartupRepair shows up with an error.
Trying to load a backup i got (sorta my free translation) something like
...unexpected error...
destructing error (0x8000FFFF)
I've also been trying bootrec from command prompt, but it seems to lead to nothing. Dunno what's going on now.
upd:safe mode loading breaks after crcdisk.sys

Edited by Afrikanets, 14 March 2009 - 06:52 AM.

#4 Afrikanets

Afrikanets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:01 AM

****. What i got in 3 hours is switching from netlogon to №686, nbtstat.exe :huh:

Edited by usasma, 14 March 2009 - 09:15 AM.
Removed inappropriate word - see ****

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

If Startup Repair doesn't fix it, then the next step would be a bootable hard drive diagnostic (the next most likely issue).
Use a bootable hard drive diagnostic from the manufacturer of your hard drive. The test usually takes a couple of hours, so you may want to run the Quick/Short version first.

The Quick/Short version only checks parts of the disk, so it's not as accurate as the Long/Advanced test. If it fails the Quick/Short test, the drive is failing - if it passes the Quick/Short test it doesn't mean that the drive is good. You'll have to run the Long/Advanced test to verify that.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Afrikanets

Afrikanets
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

But how do I get that diagnostic? When I was reading startup repair logs, it was reported that system disc was corrupt, but I'd been browsing it all right with Media Direct, and there were no reasons for its corruption:(

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

The most common one's are listed here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users