Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pal to Pal recordings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 creativegd

creativegd

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Hi,

I am doing a large archive project with both PAL and NTSC videos in VHS form. When refreshing the anaolog VHS PAL to VHS PAL some of the them copy in black and white and with a lot of distortion and noise. Others have been ok (full color). Not sure what the problem could be as the settings on both PAL VHS player/recorders are the same.

Also for digitizing the video, when we connect a PAL VHS player to the computer via an alalog converter it will not capture properly. I tried using i movie on the MAC to capture the PAL, changed the settings in the software to PAL and still no color or clear picture. It would even show split frames. Is there some other hardware I need for PAL to be captured digitally? Do I need a Time Based Corrector for the PAL?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users