Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Final Cut Pro will not capture video

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 creativegd

creativegd

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:23 PM

I am currently trying to do some video archiving work from VHS to Computer via Final Cut Pro on a G4 Mac. I have a tutorial CD that I have been working with to learn the software but I am still unable to capture any video. Here are the setup details:

NTSC VHS player connected to analog converter box which is connected to a MAC via firewire. I select non-controllable device as the control setting and click capture now. The black window come up and the video begins to capture them freezes while the audio goes on ahead.

The Mac is an old G4 with the FCP scratch disk is an external 1TB HD connected via firewire 800. The convertor is ADVC110 by canopus.

Here is the Mac info if it is helpful:

Processor: Dual 500 MHz Power PC G4
Memory: 1.25 GB SDRAM
Boot HD: 232GB used 57 GB

I did also try imovie and was abe to capture some video with this but after some time it starts to go in slow motion while the audio runs ahead.

Is the Mac itself the problem here or something else?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users