Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Out of options...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ozymandias90

Ozymandias90

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

Okay so I have a Asus EEE PC 1000HD. Its been working fine since Decemeber, however about a week ago, a Microsoft error kept popping up that said "Google installer couldn't run" or something similar. Now I typically use Google Chrome, however, it did not stop working. I continued using it. So one day, I needed to use a java applet for school, and even though i had Java installed it said it couldn't run. So i uninstalled Java, when i tried to reinstall it, it would get almost done then give me an error. I tried running the app out of Explorer, and firefox, however, whenever i googled something it shot me over to pop up ad. thinking it was Vundo, i tried Malwarebytes. It installed, however, it won't open so it looks like i'm out of luck. Now, i tried uninstalling chrome, and it uninstalled, but i can't re install it. And when i try to use google on explorer and firefox it doesn't work at all. If i need to go to a website i need to know its exact web address. So the problem is that Java won't run, chrome wont install, Malware bytes won't run, and i can't search using google. Any ideas?
Look Upon My Works Ye Mighty, and Despair!
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core QX9650 3.0Ghz~EVGA 780i Motherboard~4GB Corsair PC8500C5D DDR2~Four Hitachi 1000GB 32MB 7200RPM~Two NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB Liquid Cooled~1100W Modular Power Supply~Voodoo OMEN Aluminium Chassis w/ Signature Ancient Forest Paint

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ozymandias90

Ozymandias90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

After doing a little more research, it looks like i have downloaded a rootkit called UACd.sys.trojan. apparently it cuases the google to crash, and won't allow Malware Bytes to run. Any ideas?
Intel® Core™2 Extreme Quad-Core QX9650 3.0Ghz~EVGA 780i Motherboard~4GB Corsair PC8500C5D DDR2~Four Hitachi 1000GB 32MB 7200RPM~Two NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB Liquid Cooled~1100W Modular Power Supply~Voodoo OMEN Aluminium Chassis w/ Signature Ancient Forest Paint

#3 Ozymandias90

Ozymandias90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

Okay... I figured out how to fix this problem. UACd.sys.exe is a nasty little bugger. The way to remove it is to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Now UACd won't normally let you run that, but theres a snappy little backdoor that will let you run it. Simply head into program Files, and rename Mbam.exe anything you want (i renamed it baller.exe, lol) this tricks the little bugger into allowing it to run, then Malware bytes will do its thing and wipe it off the face of your hard drive...
Problem solved.
Please pass this on to anyone who has this problem!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users