Hi and welcome , here are some tips to run MBAM.
Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe
file and change the .exe
extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.
If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe
and change the .exe
above. Then double-click on it to run..
Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys.
Open up command prompt, type in following commands:
XP >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and select "Run". Type cmd
into the Run box and click "OK".
Vista >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and Type cmd
in the search box.
If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe
to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-
so it will install on the hard drive.
Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe
to install. Alternatively, you can
update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
You should also try an online scan.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner
Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner
You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes
- The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
- Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
- Now click on Scan Settings
- In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
- Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
Scan Mail Bases
- Click OK
- Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
- This will program will start and scan your system.
- The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
- Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
- Now click on the Save as Text button:
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Copy and paste that information in your next post.