Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

red x

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 poipndr

poipndr

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:43 PM

new guy here, hope this is the right place to post. i'm having problems with those red x's this is what microsoft told me,
Norton Internet Security (NIS) provides a Graphical User Interface feature that can be used to enable or disable Ads from appearing on your computer. To enable or disable the NIS Ad Blocking feature, follow these steps: 1. Open Norton Internet Security. 2. Click Ad Blocking from the menu categories located on the left side of the screen. 3. To disable the Ad Blocking feature, uncheck the option on the left “Enable Ad Blocking” as shown in the picture. NOTE: The NIS Ad Blocking feature starts automatically when it is enabled or disabled. It is not necessary to shutdown and restart NIS or to restart your computer. Additionally, this issue occurs when NIS or NPF is configured to block scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, referral information, or advertisements. ActiveX controls and Java applets can be blocked by customizing your security settings from the main interface. To find out whether this is the problem, see the section "Customized settings." All these security features (scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, referral information, and advertisements) can be blocked by specific Web rules. These rules are located in the Advanced Options of the program. For scripts, ActiveX controls, Java applets, and referral information, visit the section "Web rules." Customized settings: 1. Open your Symantec desktop Internet security or firewall product. 2. Click Security. 3. Click Custom Level. The "Customize Security Settings" window appears. 4. Look at both the Java applet and ActiveX boxes. If either or both are set to block, lower the security level and then click OK. (In the example above, Java applets are being blocked.) 5. Try to connect to the Web

i'm to chickin to mess with something like that.is there an easier way of getting the images back.i see alot of red x on this site.can't even open them when i right click-show picture.the only thing i know is the hot linking thing.
thanks guys :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

I can understand your apprehension. Those instructions are pretty heavy sounding, but if you get rid of all of the rubbish, there are only a few simple steps.

1. Open Norton Internet Security. 2. Click Ad Blocking from the menu categories located on the left side of the screen. 3. To disable the Ad Blocking feature, uncheck the option on the left “Enable Ad Blocking” as shown in the picture.

See if you can do just that much of it. You can always undo it if something goes wrong, but I think you will be just fine. :thumbsup: Would I be correct to assume that you are using Internet Explorer as your browser?

#3 poipndr

poipndr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:59 PM

yes

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

Give those steps a shot and see what happens.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users