Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot access C: or F: after codec install/Moved to AII

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PJohnson

PJohnson

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

Okay,

Last night was messin around with Divx Crawler. Got scammed by their $12 membership fee.. yada yada. Anyway, got a movie out of them and when I tried to open the movie, it stated I do not have the codec. Well I remembered seeing codec downloads on their site, so I went back..

I attempted to install Gordian Knot Codec 1.7. My SpyBot alerted me to it being an unwanted issue, as did AVG so I attempted to cancel the install. It continued to install anyway. So then I attempted an uninstall, which failed and my PC froze. I shut the PC off, and restarted. I then did a search for the codec, but the only thing my search found was the .exe file.

Now when I click on local disc or my external, i get this error:

[Windows cannot find 'RECYCLER\S-0-5-18-100025632-100007507-100032561-5100.com'. Make sureyou typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.]

I am on another pc at the moment, as I cannot access the internet with my PC now either. I am running a scan with AVG but it is not showing anything as of yet.

Any suggestions or ideas? I work from home and connect to an outside server to work, and cannot access anything, and I have a grip of software and files that I cannot back up, but would have to repurchase in the event of a reformat.

Thanks in advance!

EDITED TO ADD:

Tried to do a system restore and it says it cannot perform it.. says there are no restore points prior to today.

Windows has reverted to the Windows Classic theme also.

Edited by garmanma, 13 March 2009 - 02:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Welcome to BC.

Please download Flash_Disinfector by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • If asked to insert your USB flash drive and/or other removable drives, please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
  • Exit MBAM when done.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with disinfection. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes. Click this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 PJohnson

PJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

First, thank you very much for responding and for your assistance... :flowers:

Second, I downloaded and ran the Flash Disenfector, which only ran for approximately 20 seconds, and then said done. I didn't have any options or anything.. not sure if that is normal or not.

I then rebooted.

I then downloaded the Malwarebytes, but it will not open.

Now what..? :thumbsup:

#4 PJohnson

PJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Okay I have tried a few other things that I have found in these forums to see if I could "help myself". However nothing has worked.

I renamed the Malwarebytes exe file to MB.exe to see if it would run, didn't work.

I have downloaded Blacklight - it scans for 10 seconds then tells me there are no hidden files.

I have downloaded SpywareDocter, but it tells me it needs to update and this virus/trojan/worm whatever it is is not allowing any of my antispyware/malware programs to update, including AVG and SbyBot S&D.

I have downloaded IceSword, but cannot figure out how to use it.

I have downloaded the Flash Disenfector, but had the results I listed above.

I have attempted to download SuperAntiSpyware, but every time I click the download button, my browser gets redirected and I am told download failed.

I have a version of UnHack me, but it is unregistered. It tells me I have "HackerDefender" but asks me to register. However, at this point I am very concerned that I will pay the $20 and not be able to get it to work.

I have tried to reboot my system in safe mode to attempt use of the ATF Cleaner, but i cannot start in safe mode either. It stalls and freezes up and lists a ton of sys32 files.

I don't know what else to do and I have got to have this thing working by Monday, as I cannot afford to miss any more work over this.

Please if anyone can help.. I would greatly appreciate it. I am wondering if my only other option is to reformat..... :thumbsup:

Edited To Add:

Dell Dimension 4500
Windows XP Pro
Firefox 3.0.7

And - This is the SmitFraud Log (not sure if it is okay to post this here, if not, I am sorry)

SmitFraudFix v2.403

Scan done at 19:17:50.87, Fri 03/13/2009
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Nhksrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
C:\Program Files\My Book\WD Backup\uBBMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgscanx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\Desktop\SmitfraudFix\Policies.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

hosts

C:\

C:\autorun.inf FOUND !

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela

C:\DOCUME~1\Pamela\LOCALS~1\Temp

C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\Application Data

C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\Application Data\SmitFraudFixTool FOUND !

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\Pamela\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

o4Patch
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

o4Patch
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

IEDFix

IEDFix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

VACFix

VACFix

404Fix

404Fix

Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\Google\\GOOGLE~4\\GOEC62~1.DLL"
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001

Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

RK

DNS

Your computer may be victim of a DNS Hijack: 85.255.x.x detected !

Description: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 85.255.112.180
DNS Server Search Order: 85.255.112.173

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer=85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173

Scanning for wininet.dll infection

End

Edited by PJohnson, 13 March 2009 - 09:32 PM.

#5 PJohnson

PJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

KasperSky started to scan but said it needed an update, and that it failed as well.

Just wanted to add that. :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for the support you guys give here. It is appreciated.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

ran the Flash Disenfector, which only ran for approximately 20 seconds, and then said done. I didn't have any options or anything.. not sure if that is normal or not.

That is normal.
  • Double-click smitfraudfix.exe to start the tool again.
  • Select option #5 - Search and clean DNS Hijack by typing 5 and press "Enter".
  • After running SmitFraudFix, a text file named rapport.txt will have automatically been saved to the root of the system drive at C:\rapport.txt.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of that text file into your next reply.
Rerun Flash Disenfector when done.

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.
  • Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file, rename it to mysetup and change the .exe extension to .scr, .com, .pif, or .bat.
  • Then double-click on mysetup.scr (or whatever extension you renamed it) to begin installation.
  • If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files.
  • Right-click on mbam.exe and rename it to myscan.
  • Change the .exe extension in the same way as noted above.
  • Double-click on myscan.scr to run.

#7 PJohnson

PJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

Okay.

Tried to run SmitFraud and use option 5. This is the log:

SmitFraudFix v2.403

Scan done at 21:34:37.03, Fri 03/13/2009
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is
Fix run in normal mode

DNS Before Fix

Description: Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server Search Order: 205.171.3.25

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6A7D3995-D2BF-4339-8CEC-F3E61E5373EA}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1 205.171.3.25

DNS After Fix

DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server Search Order: 205.171.3.25

But before that I read a post suggesting to rename the MBAM. Did that and it was able to run.. found 38 infections. Here is the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1749
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

3/13/2009 8:58:49 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-13 (20-58-49).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 171809
Time elapsed: 50 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 25
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 6
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 7

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\w123.w123mgr (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\w123.w123mgr.1 (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9034a523-d068-4be8-a284-9df278be776e} (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18ea9-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07b18eab-a523-4961-b6bb-170de4475cca} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{25560540-9571-4d7b-9389-0f166788785a} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3dc201fb-e9c9-499c-a11f-23c360d7c3f8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{9ff05104-b030-46fc-94b8-81276e4e27df} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00a6faf1-072e-44cf-8957-5838f569a31d} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{daed9266-8c28-4c1c-8b58-5c66eff1d302} (Search.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{25560540-9571-4d7b-9389-0f166788785a} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{2eff3cf7-99c1-4c29-bc2b-68e057e22340} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{3dc201fb-e9c9-499c-a11f-23c360d7c3f8} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{63d0ed2c-b45b-4458-8b3b-60c69bbbd83c} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{98d9753d-d73b-42d5-8c85-4469cda897ab} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{9ff05104-b030-46fc-94b8-81276e4e27df} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{a6573479-9075-4a65-98a6-19fd29cf7374} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{59c7fc09-1c83-4648-b3e6-003d2bbc7481} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{68af847f-6e91-45dd-9b68-d6a12c30e5d7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{9170b96c-28d4-4626-8358-27e6caeef907} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{d1a71fa0-ff48-48dd-9b6d-7a13a3e42127} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{ddb1968e-ead6-40fd-8dae-ff14757f60c7} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{f138d901-86f0-4383-99b6-9cdd406036da} (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\RunDll32Policy\f3ScrCtr.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer\Schemes\f3pss (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{6a7d3995-d2bf-4339-8cec-f3e61e5373ea}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{6a7d3995-d2bf-4339-8cec-f3e61e5373ea}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{6a7d3995-d2bf-4339-8cec-f3e61e5373ea}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.180,85.255.112.173 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msimg32.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\riched20.dll (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\RECYCLER\S-4-7-22-100007444-100005965-100001488-1354.com (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\My Documents\My Pictures\My Pictures.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Pamela\My Documents\My Documents.url (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\setup.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.clg (Heuristics.Reserved.Word.Exploit) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I went through the delete process and rebooted, and re-ran the scan, here is the log for that:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1749
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

3/13/2009 9:12:05 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-13 (21-12-04).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 77599
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 26 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

It looks like it got most of it, but I still am unable to start in safe mode, and still can't get AVG, Spyware Doctor, or SpyBot to update. However, I was able to download and run HiJackThis after the above and here is the log for that:

Thank you!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by quietman7, 14 March 2009 - 07:50 AM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:54 AM

This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. ERUNT is an excellent free tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

Then download SafeBootKeyRepair.exe by sUBs and save to your desktop.
  • Double-click on it and follow the instructions.
  • When finished, reboot and see if you can access safe mode.

#9 PJohnson

PJohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

Okie dokie.. did the Registry Backup using ERUNT.

Downloaded SafeBootKeyRepair and ran. Restarted, and attempted safe mode.. still not working.

And now when I hop on the internet, i am redirected to a "le-mojito.com" and it says connection interrupted. I can get to google, but any link i use takes me back to that page.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,592 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users