Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows won't start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skylake

skylake

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:49 PM

I have windows M.E. on a compaq presario and when I go to start it up the ctrl screen comes on and warns me that windows did not finish loading on its previous attempted. No matter what option I choose to load windows a blue screen appears and says an exception OE has occurred at 0028:C005fe90 in Vxd Vxdmon(01)+00006FAQ This was called from 0028:C14A79E3 in VxD CDR4VSD(01)+000@C583 VxD . It says it may be possible to continue so I try but then another screen apperars an says WINDOWS PROTECTION YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. The reason for this problem happened when I removed a hard drive from another computer that had windows 98 operating sytem on it and foolishly installed it in the compaq with the windows M.E. with out removing the hard drive that was already in there.Now I did remove the harddrive I installed. What steps should I take to fix my computer? I have already tried the windows startup disk and my system restore does not work.

Thank for your time!

Edited by skylake, 10 June 2005 - 01:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:03 PM

Do you have a Windows ME start-up disk?

You could roll your computer back to a restore point before you installed the hard disk that contained 98.

See this link for details:

ME system restore

Edited by Joshuacat, 09 June 2005 - 09:03 PM.

JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users