Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HUGE MOUSE TROUBLE!PLZ HELP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Valic

Valic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:45 PM

Omg, someone plz help, for some reason my mothers mouse wont work, i tryed using several mouses including the one i use on my comp, and they don work

i was just on the computer one day and it started to stop moving then it jus completly stoped, ive tryed rebooting, no luck, drive manager says its working properly, when i leave it alone for hrs and try again it works for less then 30 sec.

plz help, my mother needs this computer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 pchartwell

pchartwell

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

Were all the mice you tried of the PS/2 port variety? Did you shut down, plug in a different mouse, and restart for each other one you tried? Can you locate or buy a USB mouse and try that? I'm thinking something is wrong with the physical PS/2 port on that computer but it's impossible to say without more info.

#3 Reflektionz98

Reflektionz98

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

i think i have to agree with pchartwell. it sounds like it is the ps2 port from what you've told us. When the mouse stops responding can you get to the start menu with the keyboard to know for sure that the pc isn't freezing? That is the only other thing i can imagine could be happening if it's not the port.
Posted Image

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

Open the device manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks or red question marks anywhere.

If not, try removing the mouse, rebooting and let windows find and install it.

#5 Valic

Valic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Were all the mice you tried of the PS/2 port variety? Did you shut down, plug in a different mouse, and restart for each other one you tried? Can you locate or buy a USB mouse and try that? I'm thinking something is wrong with the physical PS/2 port on that computer but it's impossible to say without more info.

I've just tried a new PS/2 port mouse and it seems to work just fine, hopefully it doesnt mess up again, ill keep you guys posted, thanks you guys!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users