Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Does A Trillion Dollars Look Like?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrClose

MrClose

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

I don't know whether to laugh or cry over this!? :thumbsup:

http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

that just makes me want to cry lol. I would just go for onbe pallet. . .Id be happy with one pallet. would someone give me just one pallet? lol.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:41 AM

:thumbsup: OMG!

That's scary to put it into actual perspective of what a trillion dollars looks like.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

A Trillion Dollars, in 1 Dollar bills weighs 1 Million Tons,and reach 55,000 Miles High. :thumbsup:

#5 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

:trumpet: your family would set for a few generations (probably more) with just one of those pallets, oh well guess we can only dream of that kind of money :inlove:, Well we have to dream about it, Bill Gates doesn't :thumbsup:, he is estimated as being the richest man in the World again even though his fortune declined by $18 Billion, Warren Buffet the former top rich list man had his fortune drop by $25 billion to $37 billion mainly because of the shares in his firm having plummeted from there high of $150,000 per share to $82,800 per share (As of now - http://www.google.co.uk/finance?tkr=1&q=NYSE:BRK.A) meaning the total of shares in his company is now worth over $128 billion from over $232 billion at there peak (Ouch!! :flowers:).

Rich List Hit By Economic Crisis

Edited by woodyblade, 13 March 2009 - 10:05 AM.

#6 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:26 AM

I'd be happy with half a pallet....:thumbsup:

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

To put things in another perspective, ....

If you were a one in a million type of person... there would be a million of you.

Current estimates put the number of stars in the Milky Way at somewhere between 100 and 400 billion.

One trillion is 1,000,000,000,000 - 10 to the 12th power, or a thousand, thousand, thousand, thousand.

If they divide $1 trillion among every American ... Each person would get $3,271.

$1 trillion would be enough money to buy about a 1,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies for every person in the United States.

A trillion barrels of oil would - at current consumption levels - fuel the world for about 33 years.

With $1 trillion, you could put 8.2 million students through a full four years of private college..

A trillion dollar budget would cover the market values of Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Google, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Time Warner and Apple, according to February 2007 figures in Forbes magazine; and you would be left with more than $23 billion in change to pick up a few 'smaller' companies.

If you had $1 trillion and you spent it at a rate of $1 per second, it would take you 31,709 years to go broke.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users