Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV360 and winconfig.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ajcstr

ajcstr

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

Friends computer infected with AV360, IE and Firefox both redirecting.

I deleted the av360 folder in program files but it still redirects

Ran HJT log and saw winconfig.dll is in windows\system32 folder

Biggest problem is that I can't install MBAM or SAS.

SAS throws up the popup asking if I want to send an error report to MS (normal and safe mode)

MBAM gets right to the end of the install but won't check for updates or launch (normal and safe mode)

Also, I downloaded the install exe's from a clean system just to be sure they were legit

I know that Spybot is old, but that is already installed but it won't launch either

I saw an earlier post where the person was instructed to rename the MBAM exe, I will try that next time I am over there but I figured I would get any other suggestions I could in the meantime, like how to get SAS on there. I will probably be back there next week.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iearldtg

iearldtg

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

Ive had so many FireFox and IE problems like that (5 mins ago) I would Try a simple system restore if you dont want to go through scans for hours..

And Also try renaming youre setup as an .bat or simply random letters .exe.

Edited by iearldtg, 13 March 2009 - 12:25 AM.

#3 ajcstr

ajcstr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Ive had so many FireFox and IE problems like that (5 mins ago) I would Try a simple system restore if you dont want to go through scans for hours..

And Also try renaming youre setup as an .bat or simply random letters .exe.

THANKS ! - I was unable to do a restore but the rename worked like a charm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users