Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mini PCI wireless card not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mjolnirman

mjolnirman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

So I installed a mini pci wireless card into an old toshiba satellite a10 laptop, but I can't seem to be able to connect to any networks. I connected all the antennas according to the user's manual, but I still can't get a signal. Sometimes I see two or three networks in the list (I'm living in college dorms, so they're probably the private wireless from the rooms next to me), but they all have zero signal.

I installed this http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/NETWORK-C...river-782.shtml cause a google search got me this http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t469...rd-amp-wpa.html and i was desperate to try any leads I could find.

I really don't know anything about wireless networking, and I have no idea whether it's the software or hardware that is giving me problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Desion

Desion

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:37 AM

Instead of download drivers from softpedia.com, it would be recommended to download updated drivers from your Mini PCI Wireless card manufacturors website, such as Intel or Netgear, whichever applies to your card.

Edited by Desion, 19 March 2009 - 07:37 AM.

Interesting Links:
Softpedia - Online downloads encyclopedia
W3Schools - Website Programming Tutorials
PC World - Everything about technology
Wikipedia - Online Encyclopedia
Photobucket - Free Image Hosting

"I don't support network bridges, they support me."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users