Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vent problem, may be a sound card usse, need help on sorting it!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Psycho Nomad

Psycho Nomad

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

hey there, recently, i've been getting this issue on vent when i log into it and no one can hear me talk, no matter how much i bork around with the input/output settings, the error i get is:

"inputFind VolFaderFailed (-1) For non-Mux based mixer"

If i turn the Mixer off in the setup control panel the error no longer comes up but no one can hear me still.

I've been told it may be a sound card issue, my Sound card Driver is a RealTek high definition Audio, I'm having trouble find out specifically which driver i'm supposed to download.

I have Vista Home premium 32bit OS.

I've been to the Realtek website but its rather confusing and i'm really not sure what i'm supposed to be downloading, or whether its ok to uninstall the Driver, as i'm not to sure how to go about re-installing it, the 'search for driver updates never seems to find 'any' drivers when i search for new ones, never has.

So i've come here as its imo the best idea, your all dam good when it comes to this kinda stuff :thumbsup:

Could i please have some help as to how to look into fixing the Vent issue, and whether it is a sound card driver issue e.t.c.

thanks muchly!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

If the sound is "onboard" post the make & model of the motherboard.

If it is a "branded" computer [Dell,HP,Compq,etc.] post the make/model of the computer.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 Psycho Nomad

Psycho Nomad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

its an ACER Aspire 5633WLMi

(laptop)

im presuming its a CODEC problem, just downloaded the vista codec pack, installed it, didn't fix the problem.

Edited by Psycho Nomad, 12 March 2009 - 09:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users