Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Build $2000 Computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 meanswing

meanswing

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:39 PM

I am currently looking for some computer help on what i should get on my new computer . I will mainly use it for Gaming and School . I have a budget of $2000 dollars. please help me on the hardware i should get.for example processor, harddrive, graphics card, sounds card, cooling...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:23 PM

Might want to check out these posts

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=9875&hl=

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=15771&hl=

#3 jsblack

jsblack

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

Also where are you planning on getting your parts from?
i use newegg and they are amazing. I have RMAed with them too and its not a problem.

www.newegg.com

#4 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:15 AM

yea i saw those but i wanted a more recent 1 since there are new hardware that came out for example the new Radeon x850 . i am sayn this because it lowered the price of the previos x800.

#5 meanswing

meanswing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:37 AM

can anyone give me an up to date opinion on what motherboard, cpu, and graphics card i should get. REally urgent

#6 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:43 AM

u can go to newegg.com and get the AMD-64 3000+ Venice and the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum for around $500 with shipping. I think thats a cool deal since I am saving up my money for it.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#7 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

I offered those posts because they are very good machines for Gaming and will handle anything your School could toss at them. if you want latest and greatest like the X850 just remember most likely X900 will be out by the time you even get a game/program that will handle all the features of the "older technology". Heck in this day an age the X1000 Will be out b4 you see a game that will fully utilize that dinky X800.

Even if games did come out that work for the new technology they would be really screwing themselves if they didn't make it backward compatible with "Older Technology". I for one am using at home a ATI AIW with Win98SE and it runs games just beautifully.

If I sound cranky its because i'm at work nuff said. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users