Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dodgy Assasins creed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bleeding tyrant

bleeding tyrant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Hi :thumbsup: ,
I downloaded Assasins creed via steam and once downloaded i ran it. It said i met the minimum requirements except for ram (1gig req for xp and 2gb req for vista) the game loaded fine and the cinematics worked fine, but once i had any interaction with the game it would become stupidly slow, i lowered graphics down to minimum and it did help a bit. Now, even though i had 1gig ram initially, a portion was being used up elsewhere ( intergrated graphics card i think) i bought extra ram and now have 1.75 gb of spare ram so shouldnt be a problem now. I ran the game but still have same problem. the mouse is slow and in game its stupidly slow, please some1 help? :flowers:

My spec is Athlon 64 bit dual core 5000+mhz
2 gb ram
intergrated graphics card ( Nvidia Geforce7 series)
160gig hard drive

if anyone can help out with any information in resolving i'd be grateful

Edited by bleeding tyrant, 12 March 2009 - 03:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cuessane

Cuessane

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:50 AM

Got to remember that with an onboard video card, most of the processing power comes from your system RAM. With you running the minimum amount of RAM for the game, combined with running Windows Vista (which is a memory hog itself), as WELL as an onboard video card, you may not get any better performance.

My recommendations would be to make sure the video card drivers are as up to date as possible, and to disable any non-necessary programs running in the background while you are attempting to play. Assassin's Creed requires a pretty nice rig to run it at high resolutions. I actually built my current rig in anticipation of that game coming out, although I have upgraded it quite a bit since then.

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

Welcome to bleepingcomputer!

System requirements for a game are pretty useless most of the time. I've tried assassins creed on my computer, and it is more demanding on your computer than it seems it would be. You need a better graphics card. A better processor would help too, but yours isn't that bad.

If you want to start gaming, you can get a very good mid-range card for $100 or less these days.

Edited by Sterling14, 13 March 2009 - 07:15 PM.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users