Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Beginner - How to change the text in a .fla file of a flash-intro?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 microwave

microwave

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

Hey, Im new to this forum, and I hope people could help me solve my problem :thumbsup:

First of all I'm a complete noob in Flash.
I'm sorry for that, but I'm eager to learn!
(I have Adobe Flash CS4 installed)

The File
This is the file I have troubles with:
http://rapidshare.com/files/205250285/22336_In.rar

What do I want to do?
I downloaded a pre-made flash intro, and all I have to do is change the text of it, but I can't find out how!

What did I try?
I'll try to explain what I did, but it's hard to explain.

When I ctrl+enter my movie, I see as first sentence in my flash intro "Creative Expression".
I want to change that to another word.

When I go to my library, I find a lot of "sprites", and one of them has different layers in a timeline. Including the text layer I guess, because when I hide this layer, the text does not show up anymore in edit-mode. When I watch in edit-mode all the text in this layer, all the text are words "Text".

BUT when I ctrl+enter, I see other words, like "Creative Expression" as text.

In the library I can also see "sprites" in the library with as content the looks of the text "Creative Expression".
But instead of "Creative Expression, the word in the "sprite" is just "Text".

So what did I do:
I changed the word "Text" to my word and ctrl+enter'ed but I still see "Creative Expression".
BUT in edit-mode I see the correct text (my text)

When I save, and export, I still see the words "Creative Expression", eventhough I changed it to my word.

What do I have to do? What do I do wrong?

I hope to read a reply that will solve this question.
I already thank you!

- microwave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 microwave

microwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

nvm, I found it

#3 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:40 PM

I have no idea how to answer your question since I don't use Flash, but I would like to commend you on a well asked question. We don't see that very often.

#4 i am not known

i am not known

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Well im really sorry about all the times i have annoyed everyone with ill asked questions.

Edited by i am not known, 21 March 2009 - 01:37 AM.

I hear a boy only has a certain amount of tears one day the pain and dissapointment happen so often the pain dissapers and the boy becomes a man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users