Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coopgang

coopgang

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:38 AM

I have a couple of Philips desktop speakers (not sure of the model) and only one of the speakers works. The catch is that they both work fine when I plug them up to another device (I.E. my TV) or if I switch the right and left plugs around, the speaker that didn't work before does work. So I'm assuming the speakers themselves aren't the problem, but something is wrong with my computer, internally. I've updated the audio driver, rolled it back, and updated it again, but still no luck.

I know this may not enough info, but what info should I provide to see about getting this problem fixed? What diagnostic tool should I use to help? Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 coopgang

coopgang
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

Now that I think about it, the problem may be the subwoofer that comes with my speakers. Only one of the outputs works (I believe the right one). No matter which speaker I plug into it, that speaker works, but if I put the same plug in the opposite output, the sound is extremely faint (at best). I hope that's not the problem, otherwise I'd probably need a new subwoofer b/c that is the only way I can plug my speakers up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users