Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CWS_NS3 hijacker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lizablair

lizablair

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:00 PM

I am in a battle to recover my computer from this hijacker and other of the same. I have the printed info that should help me, but after a month fighting this I am soooo confused.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

can you go on your computer?
and if you can have you ran a Hijack this log?

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:36 PM

Like Frankie12 said, download HijackThis and submit a log to the HJT Forum on this site, then sit back and wait patiently for a reply - the expert volunteers will get to you as soon as they can.

Here is a blurb on installing HJT in your system:
  • Create a new folder, under the C: drive, called "hjt". If it already exists delete any files that may be in it. If you have a shortcut to HijackThis on the desktop, delete it.
    To make a new folder go to Start>My Computer, then double click on the icon for the disk drive (C:) a window will open showing you the folders and files already in the C: drive. Open the 'File' menu at the top of that window and there should be a 'New >' entry in the menu. Hold your mouse pointer over this and a submenu will appear to the right. Move into the sub-menu and click 'Folder'. The sub-menu will disappear and a new folder will be in the window waiting for you to name it. Name it "hjt".
  • Download the latest version of HijackThis from the following link:
    HijackThis Download Link
    In the 'Save To:' box type "c:\hjt"
  • Unzip HijackThis to the folder you created:
    Navigate to the hjt folder and double click on the HijackThis.zip file. For WindowsXP in the left hand column click 'Extract all Files' the Extraction Wizard will pop up. Click Next, then Browse. Select the HJT folder you created, then click OK. OR If you have WinZip installed you answer 'Agree' and a window will open showing you HijackThis.exe inside the zip file. Click the 'Extract' icon. An extract window will open. In the 'Folders/Drives' section select the C: drive and then the 'hjt' folder. In the "Extract to:" pane it should show "c:\hjt". Select the "All files" button and tick "Overwrite existing files" then click the "Extract" button on the right. Close Winzip.
You should now have HijackThis.exe in your hjt folder.

Here are instructions on how to post a Log:
Please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users