Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run hjt!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adamh

Adamh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:58 AM

I can't produce a log as I the program will not run, I also can't get taskmanager to open. I know their are worms on my pc. Probably the same ones as before, see http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...topic=20501&hl=. I know hellmsn has downloaded itself again. This has all occured since my computer froze and when switched back on said it failed to find operating system. Did system, restore, this worked but it however downloaded the worms again. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

Hello Adamh and welocme to the BC forums. What happens when you try to run HijackThis? Is there an error message? Are there files missing? Also, Are you using McAfee anti-virus (McAfee blocks HijackThis from running).

Cheers.

OT
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users