Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no audio only on internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hailee

Hailee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hello. I need some help! I recently added some more memory to my home desktop computer. It is Windows XP and now I cannot get any sound from anything on the internet. My Media Player works just fine, I can play CD's, so it is only on the internet. I've tried NBC episodes, youtube, myspace music. I get the video feed, just no sound. Here's what I have tried... I update Java, and Adobe flashplayer, I've gone into Control Panel and checked my sound ect. to make sure everything seemed to be working. I checked the hardware on each section under the sound device and all came back with no problems. I tried a new browser, I normally use Internet Explorer and I gave FoxFire a shot, same problem. What could be going on? Could this have happend as a result of adding the RAM or is it just a coincidence? Also, I was told that although the memory stick is the right size and everything that since my factory memory stick is still in there that they should have the same number on the sticker to match up and that if they don't it can cause problems. I've also been told that is a bunch of bull. So, I don't know what to think. I don't have the money to go buy an extra harddrive to put my pics and other important stuff on so that I can reinstall windows. Is that the only option I may have?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

Installing new RAM shouldn't effect the audio, so this must be a coincidence.

Newer computers are capable of running the RAM in dual channel, this may be what was being referred to. To run in dual channel you install pairs of matched modules, RAM manufacturers sell these as kit which is the best way to purchase them and usually the cheapest way. You may be wondering why run it in dual channel, the reason is that it effectively makes the RAM run twice as fast.

For the audio, try uninstalling Java and reinstalling it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users