Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cmd.exe crashes explorer/Moved to AII

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Antoan

Antoan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

Hi,

Problem Description:

Explorer crashes and restarts if I attempt to run
cmd.exe, regedit, other batch files. It does not matter wether I
launch these from the Run dialog, use a full path or execute directly .

My System: Windows XP Pro, SP3.

This problem has already been discussed here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/206736/run-cmdexe-causes-explorer-to-crash/

By reading the above topic, I gather my issue seems to be an infection. I understand some people have been able to fix this with ComboFix. I would really appreciate your help with this.

System Path Variable:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2009\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2008)\Utilities\Bin\x86;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2007)\Utilities\Bin\x86;C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)\Utilities\Bin\x86;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program Files\Smart Projects\IsoBuster;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\ProductionTools\;C:\Program Files\VisualSVN\bin;J:\Programs\MATLAB\R2008b\bin;J:\Programs\MATLAB\R2008b\bin\win32;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\

Things I Have Tried:

Spybot S&D
AVG Scan

Thanks in advance.

Edited by garmanma, 12 March 2009 - 08:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users