Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen - Beginning dump of Physical Memory

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ganna

ganna

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hi there again ppl,

Today I was on a website & all of a sudden a blue screen appeared stating: Beginning dump of Physical Memory. I restarted my pc and everything seemed to be fine for a while but after about 15-30 mins the same blue screen appeared. I restarted again & checked in control panel for any funny pregrams & running a spyware check..both seemed fine to me, but again the blue screen appeared.

On windows starting up this time the display had changed from the normal blue taskbar to a gray one & Microsoft spyware kept asking for prompts to open all the programs that normally open on startup. I quickly shutdown.

This time on restarting the taskbar was back to the normal blue & I removed a couple of programs that I don't need & restarted. So far the blue screen hasn't appeared (touch wood) but any ideas as to what happened & how I can correct it if this blue screen comes up again?

Thanks alot
It's great being an anorak

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:49 AM

Your system crashed due to some error generated........if it doesnt happen again you should be fine.

Have you recently installed some new software or hardware? Or have you recently edited the registry or something like that.

If it does happen again, i would look into reformatting................chances of ever regaining full system composure after multiple crashes is unlikely.

#3 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

Well it has happened again.....I haven't installed any new software/hardware although this time when I restarted I was led to the Windows Installer for an ethernet connection which I don't know where it came from!

#4 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

Have you done a virus, spyware search and if you have done that you may also want to try a HiJack This log and post it in the hiJackthis forum on BC!!!

#5 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:06 AM

I did an antispyware scan but it came up with nothing....can you pls tell me how to do a hijack?

#6 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:06 AM

If you would like to post an HJT log then please read the pinned posts 'How to use this Forum' and 'How to post a HiJack This log' at the top of the following forum:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#7 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Will do that..thanks Rimmer.

I searched for all the processes running and i found crss.exe which appears to be a worm could this be the problem & if so how do I remove it?

Thanks

#8 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

Run these online virus scanners:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#9 ganna

ganna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

Well I ran both and they both came up with nothing!!

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 12:37 PM

Post a HJT log in the appropriate forum.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 spywaredr

spywaredr

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=...G=Google+Search

#12 BobSNJ

BobSNJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

I don't know if it is the same but I just finished an 8 day ordeal with a blue screen problem. It happened once, then it was ok for about a week. Then it kept happening. I spent 6 days stumbling along with Dell Tech Support trying everything including reformating twice.

When I tried to reinstall windows it couldn't install .dll files so on the 6th day they ran diagnostics on the memory and found that I had a bad module. After 8 days I got the new ram installed and everything worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users