Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HAD INFECTIONS, NOW IE IS "BLOCKED"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Keith2556

Keith2556

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

Hi :flowers:

Hope you can help. I've been trying to help a friend.

Acer Aspire laptop was infected with 39 viruses. No internet connection, desktop, or access to any files.
I managed to use my copy of Malwarebytes via usb stick, and then my copy of AVG free via CD. Had a program called AV Security whose screen shot was very similar to the one of Malware Defender 2009 you have on your home page. Got rid of that.

Now no task manager option, no display other than black background. Device Manager says video, PCI, sound and SM BUS controller drivers are missing. Won't access any website to download said drivers. Can't open jpeg files. Volume icon in taskbar says no mixer device.

Don't know where to go from here. Operating system Windows XP Professional (installed over Home basic, to get desktop back!) Norton Antivirus settings lost, have managed to get it to work, but it's lost the registration, so using AVG free. Managed to find all user's files :thumbsup:

BT home hub and broadband now working, but once I try to navigate away from Google.com, IE page header is "BLOCKED" :trumpet: Especially if I try to go to help/download sites. Did manage to get on Facebook the first night!!

Can someone please help me?

Thanks, very frustrated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users