Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer and XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patbox

patbox

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

I found an old printer I used some 8 years ago (Epson Stylus Color 300). It does still work, and I would like to connect it to my new notebook. I also fund drivers on the Epson site. The problem is that the drivers are for Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, but I am using Windows XP. Do you think the drivers will work for XP as well? (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14431&infoType=Downloads&platform=All)

(The reason I can not check it out, is that I would need to buy a new cable that will connect the printer to my USD port, as my notebook does not have those old printer ports. The cable is like 10 EURO, so I need to make sure before I buy it, that it will work with my windows XP).
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Charybdis

Charybdis

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

The epson colour stylus isn't supported by epson, also there aren't any officeal win2000 or xp drivers, but try this site

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=139715

and follow the instructions in zip file.

On a side note you should check new printer prices, as it might be worth just getting a new printer.

Edited by Charybdis, 11 March 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#3 patbox

patbox
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:33 AM

So you saying the 98 drivers will not work for XP??? Is there nothing like backward compatibility?

The new printers are cheap like 45 EURO. I just feel bad about not using a printer that actually works.
Message from Patbox: I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRLFRIEND (PM if interested) :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users