Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New build, Weird motherboard vcore issue.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RIVALSHOW

RIVALSHOW

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Hi, i've HUGE problem with M3A78-T and Phenom II X4 940BE.

Basicly, there is option to turn vcore to AUTO in bios right? and to set vcore manually, and there is hardware monitor in bios to monitor your current cpu vcore, right? So here goes:

So, first off i did set the Vcore to AUTO in bios, once in windows i checked in everest (program) that my vcore was 1.49v which is HUGE for this cpu (Manufacturer normal should be 1.35v!) So i instantly re-booted and went into bios.

Okay, so i checked out the vcore in hardware monitor, which showed it was right, 1.49v.

This time i set the Vcore manually, making it 1.350v, and now it showed up as 1.39v in everest! Also, the bios hardware monitor had the same results, 1.39v.

Finally, i set the core to 1.3125v, and now it turned close to the normal voltage...1.355v in everest and bios.

I can't even set the voltage into Manufacturer recommed 1.35v, because my motherboard only supports the voltage in increments of 0.125v (closest i can do is that 1.355) .

Is something wrong with my motherboard ? seems like the voltage settings in bios turns out to be off by a huge +0,040v.

I haven't had a crash once or anything. But this is just bothering me a lot because i'm not sure about the voltages, and i'm scared if my cpu'll fry in couple of months because of wrong vcore.

Last, hope you'll get what i mean as english isn't my first language and i'm not good at explaining things (at least in english:P) And sorry for the long story, can't explain it better :D .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

Have you updated your BIOS ?

I don't suggest flashing BIOS unless it is to fix a specific problem.

On the Asus site for your motherboard in the BIOS downloads the newest version includes this in the description,

03. Fix the problem that AM2 CPU Vcore voltage may be incorrect if change CPU voltage in AI Suite,

Also, on the CPU support page it shows you need to update the BIOS to at least version 0502 for your CPU.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 RIVALSHOW

RIVALSHOW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:49 AM

Yeah, sorry.

forgot to add, i have the latest bios...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users