Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mobile Software

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonwetzul023

jonwetzul023

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

I was updating the drivers on the ipaq 6940 and it froze and now it will not load. I called hp and they told me it would be 50$ to look at it and what they needed to do is reload windows mobile on it. Is there any way i can do that myself or reset the phone to factory settings?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RingBearer

RingBearer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

The term to search on is "hard reset"

Here what I found using Google...

To perform a clean reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:

1. Press and hold the Answer/Send, Power, and End Call buttons.
2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
3. When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.

Link Here

#3 jonwetzul023

jonwetzul023
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 AM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

thanks, i did that but the windows on the device is corrupt so it will not hard reset. I think i need to reload windows on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users