So unfortunately I was hit with the Daonol Trojan, and it's a headache to remove!
Here is what I have done so far:
Ran Spybot S&D-- it found some spyware, which I removed, but that was not the Trojan
Ran Malwarebytes-- it found lots of issues, which I repaired, including 5 trojan.daonol files
Ran SuperAntiSpyware-- it found some problems, but not the trojan
Ran Hijack This which found a whole bunch of stuff on my computer, which I have not touched cause I don't know what is good and what is bad!
In spite of finding and removing several files as listed above, the problem persists. When I google something, the search comes up just fine, then if I click on the result, it redirects me from the correct address to another site, with an advertisement.
I can google, and then cut and paste the addresses into my address bar and it's fine.
My information... I am running Windows XP Media Edition, and using Firefox browser.
Also... I have rebooted several times, both a "restart" and a full shut down and start back up, after running the scans with MB and SAS
Edited by bklyncatlady, 11 March 2009 - 10:00 PM.