Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible to run CS: S and Half Life ( Maybe 2? )

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZlobIsFun

ZlobIsFun

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

My computer specs O:

Windows XP ( Home edition /SP3 )
Intel Pentium 4 (3.00GHz)
1.5GB RAM (Upgrading to 2GB in three/four days. )
GeForce 8500 GT 256MB(4.0 or higher shaders.)((DX10 compatible.))

O: I usually run my resolution at 640x480, cause I really don't see any difference.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

lol should work fine
half life 2 old and would work on my 10 year old computer lol (well its should Lol)
your system is fine and will work probloy at full graphics lol

#3 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

Those specs will run anything using the Source engine; though you'll notice lower performance on anything post-Orange Box (that is, TF2, Portal, Half-Life Episode 2). CS S and HLDM will run ok.

2 gigs of mem is worth getting, for sure.

As for running it in 640x480: I would recommend that you allow the game to choose the video settings for you. Probably 1024x768, I'd wager. It will look much better and you probably won't see a much of an increase in frame rate with the lower res, so you might as well.

Edit: I actually have loaded CS S on one of my older machines: P3 800 mHz, 512 ram, and a GForce 4 64 meg video card. Very low settings...but was able to get a respectable 45 fps in the Source stress test. Not pretty...but playable!

Edited by locally pwned, 12 March 2009 - 09:52 AM.

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users