Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chat Box problems, etc.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bodickey

bodickey

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

I have recently had problems with a chat box on a favorite site. When anyone enables the chat box, the box refreshes about every 20 to 30 seconds at first, but after a few minutes the refreshing becomes extremely annoying, refreshing every half second to two seconds. I have also noticed that while refreshing, if I scroll I get "trails" from top to bottom of my screen. The trails go away in seconds, but while this happens my screen gets stuck for about a second or two, then returns to normal. When the chat box is not active, I don't have these problems. No one else on the site has this problem. Also, this only happens when I'm on Internet Explorer 7. When I use Google Chrome I don't have this problem.

I have recently had help here at BC.com with some IE7 problems I was having, and these problems have all been fixed (the problem was related to IE7 and conrol panel, including internet options). I ran Hijackthis and other programs to find and correct the problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by bodickey, 11 March 2009 - 06:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bodickey

bodickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

No takers on this one?

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

What chat box are you talking about? It seems like it may be a problem with that as opposed to something else.

#4 bodickey

bodickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

The site with the chatbox in question is www.bamanation.net. No one else on the site is having a problem. I thought it was also strange that the problem only occurs on Explorer, and not when I am on Google Chrome.

Edited by bodickey, 15 March 2009 - 12:42 PM.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:07 PM

Have you checked their message board? Maybe others there are having this problem.

#6 bodickey

bodickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:12 PM

Yes, and I am the only one having the problem.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

http://www.bamanation.net/index.php?topic=10229.0

Did you see the above post? Might not help you but it's the only thing on that forum I found that sounds similar to your issue.

#8 bodickey

bodickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:45 AM

Yes, I'm a moderator on that website, and I'm familiar with that situation, and it is a separate issue from mine. My browser refreshes about every half second, and the screen blurs or "trails" if I try to scroll while it is refreshing. It's weird, because it doesn't happen when I'm logged on with Google Chrome, only while I'm using Internet Explorer. I have had problems with IE7 recently as you know Queen-Evie, and I was wondering if it might be a problem there. This is not something I can't live with, because the problem can be avoided entirely by just logging on with Google Chrome while I'm on this website, I was just hoping someone might have an idea as to why this is happening.

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:41 AM

Have you tried to reinstall IE7 or maybe go back to IE6?

#10 bodickey

bodickey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yes, I've done both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users