Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SBS 2003 and Exchange Server 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 konomi

konomi

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

I am having a few issues with SBS server at work. Lately, every night all users are disconnected from the exchange server if they are left logged in over night. Since we are a small office, 5 users, being left logged in is not an issue. I have read server logs everyday and see nothing that would cause being disconnected. Where would be my best opportunity to look at what is causing this issue.

A 2nd issue is that about 7pm every evening, the server slows down to a crawl. Again there is nothing in the logs around this time to even begin to research. I am having a really hard time at getting this resolved.

Could it be a network card issue?

Any help or pointer would be helpful

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hi, when users are logged off do they all get logged off around the same time? What time does this happen?
Slow performace may be several issues e.g. backup ect. Can you remote into the server and see what is using the cpu?
MCP
MSDST

#3 konomi

konomi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

:thumbsup: :huh: :(

Solution was found and implemented.

B) B) B) :)

It seems that the primary DNS on the workstations needs to be pointed to the server. Most were pointing to exterior dns servers. Once it was changed back to the server, the issue disappeared. Upon research, I found that it had something to do with kerberos timing out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users