Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a bit of info on a couple of software tools !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Raner

Raner

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

hey all I'm back for another session!
Is there a tool that will remove a bunch of old stuff left over from replaced motherboards,video cards,pcu's,well you get the idea.And the second Question what is a good screen snapshot tool. thanks Raner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

I'm not sure about your first question, hopefully you'll get a reply to help you with the removals. As for the screen shot tool, I'd try Jing. It's a great application, you can also record your screen to make demo video's, record gaming, etc. Jing has some other cool features too.

http://www.jingproject.com/

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

Tool for removal of of stuff left over from old motherboards, PSUs?
Do you mean hardware or software?

If hardware then just throw them in the trash. Or give them away, some guy out there, would happily accept them.
If software like drivers etc, its always a mess, and no there are no tools to clean up the mess ( IMHO).

If you do a major upgrade like motherboard, its always a nice idea to re-install the OS. Other minor upgrades dont leave that much mess, so dont worry.

#4 Raner

Raner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Eric RBA and Romeo 29 for the come back.Eric Ill try jing and Romeo I ment to say software,I have two modems showing up in my device manager I pulled out the modem hardware a long time ago,but when I try to uninstall the software my computer crashes,that is why I was wondering if there was a good software removal tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users