Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! :((( Trojan Generic 13

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mykarma77

mykarma77

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:36 AM

:thumbsup: Ok I have been trying to figure out how to fix this all night and I can't seem to even download anything else to help me...
Last night I apparently got a Trojan and at first it was showing up as an ad saying I had spyware and then AVG flagged it as being a trojan with an extension something like SHEUR and now it's saying its trojan generic 13, but as of right now I can't even open my AVG log to see it. I don't know what to do...I run on Windows x64..a lot of the things I have been looking at to try to fix it say they don't run on that....Help me please!

Edit:
Last night it seemed the infected files were in my temp internet folder, this morning when I turned my pc back on it was not letting firefox open and avg was finding them constantly attached to other things...I don't know what other info to give you to help here, but I really hope someone can steer me in the right direction...I don't have any specific info because I can't see any of it anymore, but everything is still running horribly and AVG won't even open properly now...

Edited by mykarma77, 11 March 2009 - 12:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.34) and save it to your desktop. Print out and follow the instructions here for performaning a Quick Scan in normal mode and check all items found for removal. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with disinfection. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes. Click this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.

If you cannot use the Internet or download any programs to the infected machine, you are going to need access to another computer (family member, friend, etc) with an Internet connection. Save mbam-setup.exe to a flash (usb, pen, thumb, jump) drive or CD, transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program. If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.

You will also need to manually download the updates from another computer, save and transfer them to the infected machine. After installing MBAM, just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install the update.Mbam-rules.exe is not updated daily. Another way to get the most current definitions is to update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 qwerty789456

qwerty789456

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

The same problem, i'm using Windows Vista 32-bit, and when trying to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program, get APPCRASH error..
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: mbam.exe
Application Version: 1.37.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4a1c3007
Fault Module Name: mbam.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.37.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a1c3007
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00002dc0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1063
Additional Information 1: 9642
Additional Information 2: ae4d667f021e2f38615b5829d1b89b9c
Additional Information 3: f428
Additional Information 4: f47dbc3904e71a6d5a14f4f0c02ecc2c

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:54 AM

Welcome to BC qwerty789456

If you have an issue or problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic. Doing that will help to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more members at the same time in the same thread. Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. you are using and the presence of other malware. Further, posting for assistance in someone else's topic is not considered proper forum etiquette.

Thanks for your cooperation.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users