Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Two laptop USB sockets do not work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silver threads

silver threads

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

My trusty Acer Aspire laptop of many years has 4 USB sockets, two of which are not working. The problem appears to be that the 2 faulty ones are loose in their seating and move up and down so there is not a good connection. I am using a 4 port external USB plugged into one if the 2 good sockets and wonder if I can have the 2 faulty USBs replaced. I assume the USBs are either fused, or possibly plugged, into the motherboard, if the former, I suppose I am out of luck, but if the latter, maybe it just might be possible to replace them, they appear to be fitted in vertical pairs. As I am using a laptop it may well be impossible to rectify anyway, but I wonder if someone could advise me on this.

Many thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Any good quality electronics repair shop should be able to re-solder or install new ones.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 silver threads

silver threads
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Thank you for your advice. I was not sure whether I might be able to have any remedial work done on a laptop but will now look out for a capable repairer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users