Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"tcsd_win32.exe" Error Message

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 black069

black069

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

On multiple occasions over the last 2-3 wks, I have received the error message (SEE BELOW) on my LAPTOP–always appearing upon shutting down/re-boot, just before the screen turns off. Appears to be random (ie cannot identify any associated findings, etc.). I have probably received the error a total of 10 times, most recently about 3 days ago. My only other topic, which is in the Spyware/HJT Log forum (recently closed b/c I am now malware free), contains some more details of the types of problems I had been having. The expert instructed me to open another topic (in the appropriate forum) to receive help on this matter (it has still been occurring since the last fix).

I can't figure out how to provide a link to that topic, but since it is the only other one I started, I am sure you can easily find it by clicking on my profile.

THE ERROR MESSAGE:
tcsd_win32.exe
The instructions at 0x0012e858 referenced memory at 0x0012e858. Memory could not be written.
Click OK to terminate or CANCEL to debug.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:34 AM

A google search on the tcsd_win32.exe error shows that a lot of people have had the same problem, you might want to check out some of the answers they got....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_...amp;safe=images

#3 black069

black069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:07 AM

I am aware that there are quite a few hits on Google for tcsd_win32.exe, with other people having problems similar to mine. I actually did a thorough Google search along w/ my prior topic, and again today for good measure. After about 90 minutes, I am not any closer to a solution as other sites, for the most part, describe what the program is (I already knew this) and the only solution given basically says to get rid of the file if it is bothering you, which others seemed weary about as well. I am especially skeptical since I do not know the knowledge level of these other sites & since the file deals with encryption. So I was hoping someone actually has some experience with this or has the fund of knowledge to decipher the possibly instructive hits on Google, as what I just read was way beyond my grasp of computing.

I would appreciate anyone's assistance to help me safely address this matter.

Sincerely,
Joe Blow Super Pro

#4 black069

black069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:55 AM

No reply in five days. Is there anyone out there who can help me decipher this ridiculous riddle?

Please......

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/tcsd_win32/ AND http://www.file.net/process/tcsd_win32.exe.html

Do you have any crptology software installed on your system (knowingly)?

Louis

#6 black069

black069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

Do you have any crptology software installed on your system (knowingly)?

I saw on one of the sites for which you sent links in your post that it is known to be a part of encryption software which did, in fact, come pre-installed on my computer (Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Industries). I actually knew this beforehand from my Google search. I just don't understand why I am receiving errors about this file, especially when I have not used this program at all. I read the Help Section and the Readme files, etc., that came with the application, and this security package sounds like it is meant for large businesses, whereas I am a single user who does not use this laptop for my business per se. It involves pretty high-tech security hardware (fingerprint scanners, smart cards, etc.), or at the very least, encryption methods which are quite complex and way above my knowledge base. So knowing that I don't use this file (tcsd_win32.exe), my question is what should I do about it? Based on your links, it can hide malware, although it seems like every file can. If I get rid of it, I'm sure I'll screw up something, but if I keep it, I'll continue to get the error messages and something will probably get screwed up.

When I look on Task Manager, I do see tcsd_win32.exe running as a background process with user name "Network Service", and although the memory usage is 3,956K, it is taking up 0% of my CPU resources.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

Well...I would start with the idea of removing it.

I would go to Add/Remove Programs and see if I can find a direct reference there. If so, I would just remove it by A/RP.

When I first install XP on a system, I remove 2 things via A/RP before I do anything else (because they are useless to me):

a. MSN

b. Windows Messenger

I agree with you, you have no need of encryption software on your PC.

You can actually also go to the services...find the one mentioned (they are all listed alphabetically)...and just disable it.

Services Guide, http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 March 2009 - 04:36 PM.

#8 black069

black069
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:21 AM

When I first install XP on a system, I remove 2 things via A/RP before I do anything else (because they are useless to me):
a. MSN
b. Windows Messenger

Thanks, hamluis, for your advice. MSN does take up quite a lot of space.

A couple questions for you, though. I have a webcam (specifically Microsoft LifeCam VX=6000) that may or may not require one or both of these programs. I have been struggling to make it work properly, in part because I only know one person who has a webcam, so I can't really configure via trial and error.

Would you happen to know if MSN is required for my webcam's functionality?

And regarding Windows Messenger, if I have Windows Live Messenger 2009, would I also need Windows Messenger, or could I just delete it?

Thanks so much!

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:22 AM

You don't need MSN to operate a webcam. If your webcam is installed properly, you double click on the desktop icon and you'll go through a wizard and choose what you want to do.

Edited by frankp316, 05 April 2009 - 05:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users