Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DSLRs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm looking for a nice new DSLR camera(digital SLR), and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. i'm looking to spend around 600-800$, hopefully no more than 900 with at least one lens. i'm more partial to Pentax, as my dad has lenses that will work with it(although no auto-focus or aperature.) So, i'm between the K200D mostly and the K20D. The cost is what is putting me off the K20D, but its a vastly newer camera, and i think it would probably be worth it.

Anyone got some opinions of these or other DSLR cameras to give me?

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I own a Canon, I got it from Newegg.com a couple of years ago. The camera itself was about $700, then I went online and found a 28-300 zoom lens for a couple hundred bucks. It was cheaper about the same price as the camera with a fixed lens at most places. I love it, it takes great pix, but I've owned almost only Canon's since 1980. I know Pentax makes a good camera, I thought any digital would have autofocus on it though... :thumbsup:

edit:

HERE is a link to the Pentax K200 at newegg.com looks like a very good camera and comes with a lens.. :huh:

Edited by Wildabeast, 11 March 2009 - 01:00 AM.

"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

I've seen that kit with the K200D. It looks nice enough, but i'd like to get the K20D if i can muster the cash.

I'll probably get it from another site though, they're a lot cheaper in this area-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16830184058

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5420...tal_Camera.html

So i might go for this - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5795...tal_Camera.html

with this lens- http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3766..._f_4_5_5_8.html

So, it'll be two lenses with a good camera for less than 1000$. My other concern is the prices. It seems like the last year's models are just starting to drop in price.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:58 PM

If you don't mind getting last years model, then I would wait and save a couple hundred bucks. That's what I did. After all, next years model will be last years model in 2 years.. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

I bought my wife the EOS Cannon Rebel XTI for XMass two years ago at Best Buy in that price range you specified. It's a pretty good camera. She seems to like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users