Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adware.Vundo Variant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 noob123456

noob123456

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

i have tried EVERYTHIGN to remove this! PLEASE HELP!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:59 AM

Hi,

I understand that you need help in order to get rid of the malware that is present on your system - But you need to help us first.. You said you tried everything, however, not sure what you exactly tried because I notice that you never scanned with an Antivirus previously before starting this thread - because you don't even have an Antivirus installed!
This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.
That's why I want you to install one first!!

* Please install Avira Antivirus: http://www.free-av.com/
This is a free Antivirus.

Perform a full scan with Avira and let it delete everything it is finding.
Then reboot.
After reboot, open your Avira and select "reports".
There doubleclick the report from the Full scan you have done. Click the "Report File" button and copy and paste this report in your next reply together with a new HijackThislog.
Then we'll start from there, because it really makes no sense otherwise that we clean this up manually if an Antivirusscan is not present which should be able to deal with most and prevent further reinfection.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 noob123456

noob123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

i downloaded UBCD4Win and I am doing it with the AV's + AntiSpywares and I also found out that the virus I have is NOT a rootkit lol it just attaches itself to EVERY EXECUTABLE!!!! its W32 Parite, I am working on solving the problem now with UBCD4Win and everything I can possibly think of I will keep you posted on my status if I have success I will post how I did it. Ty for your help.

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi,

If you're dealing with a File infector such as Parite, then I suggest a format and reinstall. That's the only way to have a clean system afterwards. There's no other way, because exe files should be disinfected instead, and since Parite is also one of these buggy file infectors such as Virut and Sality, it's a game over situation since files can't be properly disinfected either, leaving the file corrupted.
Also read here: http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/vir...s-throwing.html
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 noob123456

noob123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

yea i'm going to have to reformat :thumbup2: but you guys should really check out UBCD4Win its SICK!!! ty for help btw

#6 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:30 AM

UBCD4Win its SICK!!!

So you mean that it all started after you've downloaded it?
In that case, you most probably didn't download it via the developers site, but via another source.

In anyway, make sure this won't happen again, so .....

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.
Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!

#7 noob123456

noob123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

no i did not get it from UBCD4Win i'm not sure where i got it i was saying ht at UBCD4Win is a very good software and ty for all your help

#8 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:15 AM

You're most welcome :thumbup2:

#9 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:29 AM

Since this issue appears resolved ... this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users