Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer has stopped responding.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chayisun

chayisun

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED RESPONDING..This is something that shows up several times a day and it just freezes the computer. Try the old faithful "ALT-CTRL-DELETE" and it may or may not show up.

Eventually, after sitting there and trying to decide what to do, Explorer comes up with a three question quiz.....I always end program and have to start over again.

Has anyone else had this happen and, if so, has anyone installed Firefox? If so, is it a good search engine? I am getting to a point where I am thinking of buying a Bill Gates voodoo doll. I have the pins ready.....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beckylynn420

beckylynn420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

I had it last nite. I downloaded a program and it was FULL of viruses and shut down my windows explorer then cleared my desktop. I finally had to reboot in safe mode run my programs to remove the junk and then use my system restore.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

has anyone installed Firefox?

iexplore.exe is the browser

explorer.exe is your Desktop

I think you are confusing the 2
Have you run any virus scans?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users