Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Your opinion of the BEST video editor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gunmeddle

Gunmeddle

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

I need a video editor that can handle all sorts of file extensions (ogm, mkv, etc) and all sorts of codecs (XviD, DivX) to handle minor editing such as..

Cropping
Resizing
Cutting clips

I don't need any flash or dazzle just the ability to utilize all codecs and file extensions so I can edit them quickly without being forced to use 2-3 applications to encode to a useable format, edit, and then another to batch encode.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

I'm not really an expert on these video formats.
But maybe this will get you started until an expert comes along.

Don't know about the best, but, I use Nero Vision sometimes. Because it can handle AC3 audio. Or Nero recode. Not free.
Some supported formats.
(AVI, DivX, DV, DAT, DVR-MS, MPG, MP4, VOB, WMV, also can handle AC3 audio ...)

Here are some Google results; (be careful where you search. I suggest WOT for Firefox. There's a lot of dangerous sites offering video editors )

MKV to AVI Converter.

AVS Video Converter

Avisynth

Here's a tutorial on how to open MKV, OGM etc. in some editors with Avisynth that might help you.
http://forum.videohelp.com/topic284288.html

Windows Movie Maker 2, according to The Help file with MM2 says you can import video files with these extensions: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, mpe, mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv..... So that may not work for you.

You might be able to change the file extension so it's recognized by MM2 or other video editor. That won't change the format. But, sometimes that works.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Good luck.

#3 Gunmeddle

Gunmeddle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

Thank you for trying, I'll look into those and the thread. Thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users