I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate SP1, 64-bit version
Antivirus is NOD32
Windows Defender is on
Firewall is standard Windows Vista firewall
Internet connection is VDSL2, dynamic IP
I can't use my Internet connection anymore:
- all browsers are reporting that they can't find page I'm looking for
- antivirus NOD32 has stopped updating
- almost all programs whisch use internet are crashing by closing them
- programs which connects to internet are:* Internet Explorer 64-bit
* Windows Update
* Windows Vista Sidebar Gadgets
User Account Control (UAC) was off - now I turned it on.
Antivirus NOD32 doesn't find any problems.
Before problems I didn't install any new programs, but I made some actions:
- I added one new user, with same username and password, user was Standard user, not Administrator (I removed this user now)
- I shared some folders to the new user
- before was computer connected directly on VDSL modem/switch, now was connected first through wirelles router/switch
Because I thought I had to deal with malware I first posted in HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal, but without success, my post was http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203745/internet-connection-on-64-bit-vista-hijacked/
, so you can check what we already tried.