Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VirusRemover 2009 and Generic Artemis

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dkayeb

dkayeb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

I almost dont even know where to start......I have a Dell Laptop, run the latest version on McAfee 12-and-1 plus Site Advisor .....update manually daily and automatically....scan daily for viruses. Sunday I started getting very authentic looking pop ups saying I had a security problem and needed to down load Virus Remover 2009....didnt do it of course, because I figured it was a scam. I used SmitFraud Fx which usually "kills" what ever I have. Didn't work this time....did a little research and downloaded Malwarebytes...the first time I ran it I had 485 infected files!!!!! Most were Adware this or Spyware that....a few said Trojan something or another.....(NOT SURE WHAT MCAFEE IS DOING BUT IT ISNT CATCHING THESE PROBLEMS!!!) I still had the same problems....some of the things I see when I get the pop ups are: vivaldinarut, desktoprepairpackage, VirusRemover2009, aol search OOPS! cant find skfjkhcdcsh.com%2f, scanaonline, removethreats.com, removes spyware, and my computer online spyware.......I ran smithfraud fx and Malwarebytes a few more times....malwarebytes came up with 2 Trojan viruses that it said it quarantined.....I get a pop up from "mcAfee" that says a "Trojan was found but could not be quarantined...shut down and restart".....tried that a few times, made no difference so I figured it wasnt real.......I ran McAfee scan several times.....always came up as no infection or problems found until the very last one I ran yesterday and it says I have a generic artemis that mcafee cant quarantine....(why not??????) AND ON TOP OF ALL THIS FRUSTRATION, THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME TO HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM...$89.00...AFTER I HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR THEIR PROTECTION THAT FAILED!!! (sorry, I know this isn't a McAfee complaint site but Im very disappointed in them right now!) I did a little more research and found SUPERspyware recommended so I downloaded that and ran it....it found 115 more infected files!!!! I totally don't understand why Mcafee isnt catching these!!! Anyway, I am still getting all the same popups, slow computer etc. I also tried to do a system restore to a week prior to the problem and it said it couldnt do a system restore. I havent saved any of the "logs" or whatever you call them because frankly, I don't know what to do with them....now I am seeing all this info about "hijack this"....i s that what I should do? If so, how do I do it, what is it and how do they help me?? Thanks for listening to me ramble.....and I hope you can help me!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users